Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Golden Moment #33

Okay, my life has taken a turn for the crazy the last few days and I'm behind by (I think) four golden moments...I guess I could really figure it out if I just pulled out a calendar, but let's do that when we reach this time next year and I really scramble to fill in the lost days, shall we? I think to tackle this one, I will just pick up from the last time I posted and go from there, but I will give each day it's own post, because I had some pretty awesome things happen this weekend!

July 1st Golden Moment #33

July 1st was a catch up day for the two days before, but I'm quite sure I didn't actually post a current golden moment for the day, so for that day I'm going to post something that makes me feel absolutely golden all over. Hopefully, it will create the same bliss in you.


My friends, this is the lobby at the Grand Wailea in Maui. This is where Josh and I honeymooned. Every single time either of us mention this paradise both of our eyes sort of glaze over and we escape into this day dream of blissful joy. It is truly the most beautiful place on earth and I can't wait to go back. Either as celebration for getting out of the Navy in three years, or as celebration for graduating from Stanford in five years. At any rate, it will be in celebration for one of the two, and that will be a golden moment I'll be talking about for a lifetime. If you want to see more of this amazing resort you can go here. Or you can watch Jennifer Aniston's new movie "Just Go With It" because they film the majority of the movie at the Grand Wailea. The fact that they never mention the name of the resort in the movie, but I knew which resort it was because I recognized it, made me feel pretty cool, I must admit.

And while we are on the subject of Maui, for a moment, let's just talk about the beauty of the Polynesian language. "Mahalo" means thank you, but the literal translation is a prayer "May you be in Divine breath's presence." The fact that the language consists of fewer letters than ours and most of them "soft" letters like vowels and m's and h's, makes every word sound like a prayer. I want to learn Aloha Oe and sing it in the lobby of the Grand Wailea. I'll post a video when I do that.

-DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...