Thursday, February 24, 2011

The art of relaxation


There are some things in life we are born good at, there's no denying it, we have a natural God given gift and talent. One of those things for me, is relaxing. I LOVE to relax.  This entry is all about setting up the perfect bath and meditation I use to help myself relax.

My bath sweetner of choice is Epsom salt and an essential oil I'm in the mood for. I buy all of my oils through the DoTerra company.  They are quite simply the best producer of essential oil in the world once you've used their oils you will never use anything else. I favor grapefruit for a pick me up and their serenity blend for relaxation. Be sure and light your candle, have a cool glass of water or your favorite juice nearby and some gentle music. My favorite relaxing music is "Sleep" by lifescapes.

As I lounge in my bath, I like to meditate. Sometimes I listen to a guided meditation cd, I like "Getting into the Vortex" personally.  Or I read a meditation written by Maureen Garth from one of her popular guided meditation books for children.  Or I fall back on my own favorite meditation in which I imagine the light and energy of kind loving hands hovering just above my body starting at the top of my head. As the hands pass over my head and slowly move across me, ending with my feet, I concentrate on each area of my body the hands hover over and focus on relaxing that part of my body. As the hands move toward my feet, I imagine all negative energy or ill health is gently being pushed toward my feet and pours out the bottom of my feet. As soon as the stress and anxiety touch the air (or water in the bath)  it is released as golden light, and is transformed into health and vitality. The most important part of this meditation is simply to not let your mind wander. It may take a while to imagine moving from the top of your head to your tippy toes, don't let your thoughts veer off.

I also find it helpful to imagine the healing hands hovering over me are those of my husband, as he is the one person I feel most safe and secure with, and who's love I trust implicitly.

So my divas, take some time today and go relax. You'll be happy you did, trust me. I think one of the easiest talents to foster is that of pampering and loving oneself. Most people just don't take the time to do it, but once you do, I think you'll find it comes quite naturally.

Take a hot bath with bubbles
Forget all your troubles!

The Domestic Diva

2 comments:

  1. My only problem is that if I imagine those hands are my husband's, I don't want 'em to just hover!

    Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...