Thursday, December 1, 2011

Miscarriage.


















"Little Heart"

My heart echos into stillness
There is no answer to its steady beat
It calls in vain to one who is not there
That faint cry of one so small,
Too small for me to see
Too small for me to hold
But not too small, for my heart to feel.

And now my heart is lonely
And cries, looking for that lost sound
That little heart that calls back to its mother
In its own quick beat of new life,
But it answers no more.

Such tremendous loss
For such a tiny heart
A heart that beats from heaven now
And knows that mine must stop,
Before we're united again.

-HD Nickerson Nov. 27, 2011

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Poetry can be so healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry to hear about this Heidi!! I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago. It is definitely a tough thing to go through but I just think about my two sweet girls that I already have and I am filled with gratitude that I've already had the chance to be a mom twice. Heavenly Father is definitely in charge and he has a plan. We love you and I'll definitely be thinking about you and praying you can find peace and comfort during this time. P.S. your poetry is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetheart - just know many of us have endured this experience and are changed and tenderized by it. I was thinking and feeling only today about the little boy I lost 20 years ago -- my fifth baby in the fifth month (my second miscarriage at the time) and had a long conversation with one of my dearest young mother friends who lost her baby born at 22 weeks. As a poet myself, I love your expression here. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...