Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Golden Moment # 10 A moment with my mother

My little Scotty and my mommy, today.

I woke up this morning to the gentle caress of a hand on my face. I opened my eyes and saw a mirror reflection of my own eyes staring teary eyed back at me. They were my mothers eyes. For an instant I felt as though an image buried deep within my mind, lost to the many memories of my infancy resurfaced and I saw the gaze of wonder, and adoration that only a mother's eyes can express as she admires her newborn child. This morning my mother looked at me that way. But I am not a newborn, I am a mother myself now, yet as she looked at me in that instant I was her little "rosebud" again. And as I stared into that beautiful face, I felt as though I was memorizing her all over again, but I didn't have to, I know this woman and I will never forget her, she is my mother.

My mom has been staying with me the past week as we've been celebrating and helping my little sister welcome her first born into her home. Since Josh has been working most nights away from home, my mom has been sleeping with me. It's been a delight to have her in my home!  I don't know how she does it, she spends all day with my sister, then comes home and cooks and cleans over at my house. The angels must sing for joy when they watch this woman in action! She is love personified, selfless service, graciousness, love and generosity all swept up into one magnificent soul.

Me, at Scotty's age, and my mommy, yesterday.

And she, is my mother. How I came to be lucky enough to be born into a home filled with such incredible love I may never know, but I am thankful for it every single moment of every single day of my life.



1 comment:

  1. SO sweet! Your mom is the best! :)

    And you and little Scottie look so much alike!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...